Thursday 3 December 2015

The fixtures are out!

Morning everyone and sincere apologies for the lack of blogging this week.

I have been working nine to eight each day and will be until Friday, as the Christmas rush is well and truly underway. Additional domestic commitments have meant my time has been somewhat limited and time to actually switch on the computer, let alone blog, has been curtailed.

My apologies to anyone who has mailed me and I have not yet had the chance to answer. I promise to do so at the weekend and your comments are, as always, much appreciated!

Anyway, like the rest of you I was delighted to see the announcement of the fixtures, with games at Welbeck Colliery and Colwyn Bay, against Nottinghamshire and Glamorgan respectively, catching my eye. While fully appreciating the rationale of concentrating playing matters on one developed ground, the thrill of the outground never goes away and I hope to get down for the Welbeck fixture.

When I have a little more time I will study dates and make plans for my trips in greater detail and the Derby opener of Glamorgan on 24 April holds considerable appeal. It is around a month later than that arctic opener of 2012, which remains and is likely to be the coldest I have ever felt on a cricket ground. The sight of polar bears clasping mugs of bovril is one I have never seen before, though it may just have been hallucinations through severe cold...

Still, only 129 sleeps until our lads step back on to the green sward once more, honed to perfection and hopefully improved in technique and mental toughness. It cannot come soon enough, though between times it will be nice if Derby County can pull off an impressive promotion campaign.

As for me, it is back to the busy world of retail and the lead up to Christmas.

See you at the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!