Saturday 4 October 2014

Fantasy League Roll of Honour

This year's Peakfan Blog County Championship winner, through the Telegraph Fantasy Cricket League, was Dean Doherty.

He saw off a late charge from Matthew Entwistle to stay top of the tree and win - well, nothing really, apart from the kudos of being top dog. Gary Cunningham finished a very creditable third  with Dean's second side coming in fourth.

The league came in 57th in the "League of Leagues" championship. A creditable performance, but the hard work starts here and I expect you all back for pre-season training in November. Sorry, I got confused with Graeme Welch there..make it April...

We were one team short of having medals for the top placing participants, so hopefully we can get past that next year and have, if not a medal ceremony, perhaps a photo of me putting the envelopes in the post to the winners, while whistling the national anthem...

I'm quite happy with my comfortably mid-table placing, especially since I didn't look at it after the middle of June and ended up with around a dozen unused substitute players.

Special mention does have to go to the near-psychic Tim Boswell. He entered the league with the appositely-named "And in last place". And they were, comfortably behind Paul Kirk's "Half Cut Cutters".

So Tim, with such form behind you, perhaps you can get in touch with a forecast on Derbyshire's prospects for 2015?

That's got to be worth a flutter for any fan who enjoys an occasional dabble with the bookies...

1 comment:

  1. Psychic indeed! I did my usual trick of setting out with great enthusiasm and then completely forgetting about it... I also have an uncanny ability to curse any players I pick: Jon Clare's injury woes can be laid at my door and it was only late in the season that billy g overcame the pressure of being in my team.
    As for next season I'm sure derbyshire will romp home to the division two title... So long as I don't pick any of our players for fantasy cricket.

    Psychic Spireite Tim

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!