Monday 28 April 2014

Worcestershire v Derbyshire day 1

Sorry about the lack of a blog last night, but a combination of circumstances dictated otherwise.

Truth be told, there's not much to write about three overs of play in which we lost two wickets, one of them, according to Mark Eklid in the Derby Telegraph, to a ball that Stephen Moore left that 'shot back from three feet outside off stump' to bowl him as he left it. There's little you can do when that happens, but it should make for interesting viewing on the highlights...

Time to dig in today, then. More from me later.

PS Congratulations to George Sellers of the club's Academy (and Endon Cricket Club) for a sparkling 123 against Alvaston and Boulton yesterday. They racked up 276-4 and then bowled out Alvaston and Boulton for 67. There were good runs from Wood (51) and Brodrick (65 not out) in what was a comprehensive win by any standards.

Nice one lads...and also to the club for an excellent Twitter feed.

2 comments:

  1. I must admit that I have only just started to read your blog, since my son, George Sellers, was accepted onto the Derbyshire County Cricket Club Academy in early 2014.

    I have enjoyed your blogs and it has been very interesting to hear your thoughts on the club as a whole. It has re-emphasised my own thoughts that Derbyshire CCC is a club moving forward.

    Therefore, imagine my joy to find out that you mentioned George in your blog dated 28th April. It's nice to see that you are looking across all aspects of the club and not just the first team. Can I thank you for these kind comments, which further enhanced the proud dad status from the previous day. Thank you and keep up the good work.

    Neil Sellers

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my very great pleasure Neil and you have every right to be proud!
    I'm especially interested in the Seconds and Academy, as it is in the progress of these lads where our future lies.
    I think its bright and I look forward to further success for them all in due course.
    Thanks for taking the time to get in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!