Wednesday 26 February 2014

Half a million hits and going strong...

Thank you.

That's really all there is to say tonight, as the blog reaches a special landmark of 500,000 hits. I'm very proud and not a little humbled by your continued interest in all things to do with Derbyshire cricket. When I started the site, back in 2008, I wasn't sure how long I would do it for, but each year over the intervening period it has enjoyed one hundred per cent exponential growth, thanks to all of you.

It's funny, because this week I managed to solve a problem that has puzzled me for some time and it is all down to Mrs P.

Behind the scenes on the site, the hits are now at 569,000 and I had no idea why there was such a discrepancy. Then I bought my wife a tablet for her birthday (the computing kind, not a vitamin pill...I'm not that cheap...) and helped her set it up.

A few minutes later I asked her how she was finding it.

"It's great" she said, "I'm on your site just now". Flattered by this, as she's not an habitual visitor, I sat down next to her to see how it looked on the screen. The hit counter didn't display. Nor did it if I refreshed. Indeed, nor did it when I tried for the first time ever on a mobile phone. So those of you who are accessing the site through tablets and mobiles aren't being picked up, but, in the grand scheme of things, it matters not a jot - although your continued interest most certainly does.

To all of you who check in regularly through whatever means, a sincere thank you. Likewise to those who come to the site through Newsnow and to those who have accounted for a further 170,000 views through Sportskeeda,

And at the risk of making this like an acceptance speech, thanks also to Officecare for their sponsorship, which has helped not only to make the blog look more professional, but has also made a contribution to the biggest single year of growth since it began over the past twelve months.

Onwards and upwards, just like Derbyshire.

It's a good start to what should be a terrific season and to celebrate, the start of the Chris Taylor interview, as promised.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!