Thursday 14 February 2013

A quick hello

Sorry I've been quiet for the past few days but a potent combination of heavy work load, domestic commitments and a faulty dongle have accounted for that,

I'm currently in God's own county for a short break to celebrate my parents 60th wedding anniversary, quite an achievement, I'm sure you'll agree. Today has been the celebration (Valentine's Day eh?) and tomorrow I have a little time to myself for the first time in a few days.

There's been little to report. I enjoyed Dave Griffin's photo journal of the season on the club site, while the blogs from the Sri Lankan party have been entertaining.

Speaking of which, the big news this week is that I've been asked to contribute to Cricinfo this summer on Derbyshire's fortunes, the first of which should appear with a pre-season preview. I'm thrilled at the opportunity to write on such a massive site, while the extra traffic that is drawn to this one is no bad thing. I'll naturally link to the Cricinfo stuff in due course, but please stick with me on this blog as your support means a great deal.

I also got a new bat grip today, purchased and fitted at Owzat-Cricket (thanks guys!) so am ready for the coming season on and off the pitch.

More from me over the weekend, when I'll be back in the bosom of my family and with reliable wi-fi.

At least the dongle has held out to the end of this short piece. Mind you, if we sign Jacques Kallis on a Kolpak tomorrow I may struggle...

Till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!