Saturday 1 September 2012

And another thank you from me

A consequence of Derbyshire's success this summer has been in the interest in this blog, which continues to go from strength to strength.

Last month saw a new record tally of well over 20,000 hits and the 300,000 barrier is set to be broken this weekend. Last week saw 139 new, viewing IP addresses registered, highlighting that interest in the club is perhaps at an all-time high.

Thank you to all of you for continuing to look in and for your mails and comments. While we don't always agree, it is good that we share a desire for a successful Derbyshire County Cricket Club, one that looks ever-likely to come to fruition in the near-future.

Keep them coming - and thanks again!

PS I hope to try the first radio show proper a week on Monday, before the Hampshire game. If you would like to participate, a headset would be useful, though not essential if the inbuilt microphone on your laptop or PC is decent quality. Alternatively, you can just listen in, or mail your questions or comments to me through the software.

You can also mail me between times at Peakfan36atyahoodotcom. Here's hoping that replacing the symbols with words in that address foxes the  robots and saves another raft of e mails from the blokes looking after my late relative's estate in Burkhina-Faso, or the one who has rolex watches at discount prices, or the one who wants to sell me something to "perk me up".

I'm a Derbyshire fan. How much more perked could I be?

PPS Yesterday at work we all had to dress as a sportsman in recognition of the Paralympics. Naturally, yours truly dressed as a cricketer (no pads and gloves, I'm not that weird...) and wore his Derbyshire shirt with pride.

There was a prize for the best "outfit" and I won, prompting the woman who presented me with the prize to say that I "really looked the part" and "was I interested in the sport"...

Hmmm...just a bit. I'm taking it as an omen. Man in Derbyshire cricket shirt wins trophy. It's got to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!