Sunday 17 June 2012

Derbyshire v Yorkshire T20

There's not much between the two teams who will contest tomorrow's live on Sky match at the County Ground.

Derbyshire have started well, while Yorkshire have won one and lost one so far. While the Yorkshire batting looks very strong, I'm still not convinced that after Starc and Sidebottom they have an especially demanding attack.

For me, our best chance of success will be to bat second and chase a target after the white rose county have perhaps over-reached themselves. Derbyshire's approach to a chase the other night was extremely professional and, had the rain stayed out of it, I think we would have won at a canter. Put it this way, my club side would have fancied 51 at a run a ball. Mind you, I don't think we'd have got it down to that stage...

I expect Derbyshire to be unchanged from their last fixture, while Yorkshire will in all likelihood keep the same side that beat a very poor Leicestershire side with some comfort, which is:

Gale, Jaques. Bairstow, Miller, Ballance, Root, Pyrah, Rafiq, Starc, Sidebottom, Ashraf

It should be a good game, weather permitting and I don't expect there to be much between the sides at the end of the game.

Will we win? If we play to potential, field a little better than the other night and get good input from our overseas stars we can do. Then again so can our visitors, so this one is tough to call.

If we do so, we will be in a very good position. That is beyond doubt.

1 comment:

1. The fact this match is on telly is worrying. Surely we have to break the jinx sometime...dont we?.

I would expect the same team aswell. I hope Rana gets his radar sorted out and like you say Peakfan,we need an improved fielding performance. The weather looks half decent for once,so yes,let,s bring it on and send em home frustrated.

ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!