Wednesday 9 May 2012

Hampshire v Derbyshire day one

Or not...

As I expected last night, today never happened.

Ironic really, on the day that old Peakie played his first game of the summer and, after an unbeaten cameo at the end of our innings, took 3-6 in three overs with my cunningly flighted filth to help to win the game against a local county XI. As our keeper, and my old friend Martin put it, after I clean bowled  their top scorer with my first ball of the season "it was so flighted he'd lost interest by the time it got down here..."

Quite. I know I'll be sore tomorrow, but tonight was fun.

Here's hoping for more of the same from Derbyshire...

1 comment:

  1. I've just been on the Falcons Forum website and read the disturbing comments about the Supporters Club and the bookshop.
    I never go to the ground without calling in at the bookshop. They are great people who apart from providing a great service to visitors to the County Ground actually provide valuable financial support to the club.
    Ben

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!