Friday 2 September 2011

There's a blow...

Kent look likely to be without Martin van Jaarsveld, James Tredwell and Rob Key for their trip to Derby next week.

 The former has tweaked his groin (must have been nice for him...) while Tredwell has a torn hamstring. Meanwhile Key has a wrist injury, but after recent disparaging comments about Derby and Derbyshire in the media will at least avoid a perforated eardrum if he doesn't appear.

 I don't know why supposedly intelligent people get drawn into such inane comments as those made by Key, namely:

"I read somewhere that I was going to Derbyshire but even if I were going to leave Kent I certainly wouldn’t go there. I shouldn’t say this because my old man comes from there but all the money in the world wouldn’t encourage me to live in Derby. I want to finish with Kent going up rather than down."

Whether he was trying to be funny (which didn't work) or just smart it failed big time. As my Mum once said to me (I think she paraphrased Thumper in Bambi, actually) if you can't find something nice to say, keep your mouth firmly shut.

I must introduce her to Mr Key at some point. Or introduce him to a decent PR man. 


Sounds like he needs one.

6 comments:

  1. I also picked up on the two stories you mention regarding Key (poor joke at best) and his team's depleted ranks. A word of caution - it has often been the young debutant or tyro that has put us to the sword this summer. So beware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kEY COMMENTS make him look like a right idoit, especially as derbyshire have shown they have been the better team against kent three this season already. in my eyes derbyshire are a team on the up and kent are a team on the way down.

    paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the dee dahs are on the way down. Shame isn,t it!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye, Scarborough beckons... :=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would hope that if Yorkshire are relegated our home Championship match against thenm will take place at Chesterfield which, weather permitting, would see our biggest Championship home crowds for years. At the recent Yorkshire game at Chesterfield some in the crowd were saying that the crowd was swelled by some Yorkshire fans. Of cousre it was and that's all the more why we need to play all of our home games against them at Chesterfield!
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can,t argue with that Ben.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!