Friday 7 May 2010

Northamptonshire v Derbyshire CB40

I've found the secret of success for Derbyshire in one day cricket tonight.

I'll work when there's a game.

I had to do so tonight and to compound the problem had forgotten my mobile phone so couldn't even get text updates. So much for best laid schemes - I was all set for the game this morning then my boss phoned in sick.

Anyway, it appears that I missed a good, solid, professional performance. It was interesting that every batsman got at least double figures, but if I'd have seen that Northants score at half way, with us to bat under lights, I may well have feared the worst.

Yet it looks like a solid batting performance. More good (and quick) runs from Chesney Hughes and it is good to see Robin Peterson elevated to three. If he gets in he'll score quickly, so we can't really lose in doing so, with the added bonus that Sadler at seven looks quite reassuring.

Park and Footitt were expensive, but that was a good win. I can't say much more, because you all saw the game and I didn't. I'd welcome any comments, either below or to peakfan36@yahoo.co.uk. If I get enough, I'll publish them tomorrow.

See you over the weekend. Time for a beer...

2 comments:

  1. Good performance on the TV that seemed to impress all of the pundits even Bob Willis who was praising Derbyshire throughout albeit against a poorish looking Northants team. Batting looked impressive all the way down - Hughes and Bosman look like a great opening pair for the 20/20 - maybe Rogers to bat in the middle order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'd be inclined to go with "Boom Boom" Hughes and "The Bazooka" Bosman to open.
    Now if they fired for 6-7 overs...

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!