Thursday 21 January 2010

Quiet time...

Not an awful lot to report tonight, but I thought I'd check in to say hello!

I've had a few problems with the hit counter on the site, which has been working fine behind the scenes but not on the front page, so I've changed it to one that will give me a few useful statistics into the bargain. It's a little smaller, but I'm sure you don't log on just to see that...

So Kabir Ali has been released from his contract at Worcestershire. No surprise there, as the club hadn't a leg to stand on. It appears that all any player wanting away has to do is threaten to strike. A shame and it will probably sour the reputation that his performances for them earned over the years.

There's a suggestion on 606 that our new T20 player may be Charl Langeveldt. He may turn out to be and few would be disappointed if it were, but I still think that our first choice is more likely to be an all rounder. John Morris said that others are in for the player concerned and I would have hoped that Charl might have more easily re-signed for us by this stage. He may well be Morris' plan B or C, but I'd be surprised if he was the first choice.

That's it for now - see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!