Saturday 18 April 2009

Fantasy stuff...

I picked my team for Telegraph Fantasy Cricket last night. I'm convinced this is the year I scoop top prize with a galaxy of talent that will be the envy of the cricketing world. Until they're injured or pick up some exotic tropical disease of course...

I included, for what its worth, two Derbyshire players in my side. Tempted as I was to include the skipper, I decided against it as it would be the kiss of death. Given their ratings, however, I opted for Garry Park and Dan Redfern in my engine room.

Park rated as a 2? The man has a first class record of just under 40 and should play most matches this season. He's a brilliant fielder and for my money a steal at that price.

Dan Redfern a 3? Arguably the best young batsman in the country and another who should get plenty of opportunities to cement a place. Like most young players, Redfern may have a season to unleash himself on the circuit before they work on his perceived weaknesses, but I'm hopeful he'll score a good few runs this year.

Crucially, both can also earn valuable points with their bowling and catching so we'll see what happens.

I was also tempted to include Greg Smith as an undervalued 4, but stuck with the lads above after due care and consideration.

In return I ask only two things - that John Morris picks them in every match and that they both score a thousand runs in all competitions before the end of May...

No problems then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!