Tuesday 31 March 2009

What a philosophical lot...

So half of those who voted reckon that Derbyshire will win some and lose some this season. Fair enough really. We're probably not world-beaters (yet!) but I'd hope that we're more competitive in one dayers especially this year.
Yet one third of you felt that we were going to be a surprise package this season. Hopefully that means we'll be even better than expected, rather than worse. Before the departure of Charl Langeveldt to the IPL I'd have been with you and still think we can improve on last season if he returns fit and well from his 20/20 sojourn.
Of course, a small percentage think we'll be rubbish, while a slightly larger one thinks that we'll be hotter than hot.

Not long till we find out now!

Anyway, time for this week's poll. Stuart Law - inspired bit of business by John Morris or a desperate signing of a player past his peak? You decide.

No blog tomorrow as I've got my first pre-season nets at the club. Two hours in a new sports facility and we're treading on virginal matting and drawing the nets out for the very first time. Fantastic.

Just hope that I can move on Thursday morning and that I don't ache in places I never knew I had.

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I`m all for difference of opinons but 3 people think Law is past it?? They perhaps think it says Steve Titchard...

    Name and shame Peakfan...

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!