Friday 27 March 2009

Final thought on the IPL

Meant to put this earlier, but the earlier news of Charl playing in the IPL took me back a few years.

More than a few in fact, as I recalled going to bed the night before Derbyshire were playing Hampshire in a televised game.

Being a good lad, I remember getting in bed after saying my prayers, which finished something along the lines of

"Please God, let Derbyshire win tomorrow but let Barry Richards make a good score"

Amazingly, both things came to pass...

So you'll understand me when I hope that Charl has a fantastic IPL and proves himself the world class 20/20 bowler we know he is.

However, I hope they get hammered in every game so he's back over here as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!