Sunday 15 June 2008

Derbyshire v Yorkshire

Three overs to go, 42 needed. Not looking good.

After a fine start from Telo and Smith (the latter was on fire again), we've subsided badly. Wavell was very subdued (12 from 22 balls) and since I started typing we need 26 from 7 balls.

Big disappointment, the skipper failed again when we really needed a steady innings and it looks like goodnight Vienna unless someone produces serious heroics in the last over. The boundary is short enough but the fact is that only McGrath and Smith have really got going in this match and Smith's run out was probably the decisive moment.

16 needed now off three balls. Hmmm....

The excitement of Headingley seems a long way away and I'd have to say that in my opinion we're pretty much out of this competition.

158-6. Last night on the In Morris We Trust site I wrote that 160 would probably win it. If I'd only gone down the bookies....

Like most fans, I'm pretty disappointed this afternoon. Not much more to say really.

1 comment:

  1. clark is turning out to be uselss with both ball and bat,

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!