Thursday 29 May 2008

Latest poll

Most people feel that the days of the Pro-40 tournament are numbered. Who knows, we may find ourselves playing eight 5-over power play matches in an afternoon if the powers that be have their way....

I have to say that the 40 over John Player League as it was for years was perhaps my favourite one day competition. You didn't have to write off the whole day for it, started at 2pm and were done by 7-ish. The times left matches less dependent on the winning of the toss and bowling with the aid of early morning moisture. I am fairly convinced myself that it will go, and that we will have some other 20-over slogout competition take its place.

This week's poll is a controversial one! I read fairly recently that Dominic Cork would "love" to finish his career back at Derbyshire. With his stepson well rated and potentially in the Academy next year, he's got more than one reason to come back. At 37 he may have a couple of years in him (notwithstanding this year's injury problems) and could contribute with bat and ball.

But would you want him? Do you think he could do a job, or would all the old issues rise to the surface again? I look forward to seeing what you all think...

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, I reckon he will retire soon. I know he has recently come back to play club cricket in Derbyshire, but a return to the county maybe a little adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When hell freezes over.
    Cant you name and shame the people who voted yes :)

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!