Saturday 5 April 2008

Who am I?

I've been a Derbyshire fan since 1967.
Fred Trueman said "'ow do" to my Dad in that first game and its gone on from there.

I now live in Scotland, eight miles from Glasgow in a semi-rural village that is nice and peaceful.
I still play cricket, although within a quick single of a painstaking fifty that has been at times flamboyant and at others grafting.
I've been skipper of a small village cricket club near Stirling called Gargunnock for the past eight years. I just do Wednesdays, the 20/20. Not like THAT 20/20 though. A hundred will win you more than you lose, but I still share the club's record partnership in a 20 over game, an opening stand of 110 in 11 overs.
My share was 11... all in singles. I like to think I showed a lot of nous, pushing the singles and watching the carnage from the other end.
Its great fun, they're a great bunch of guys and this year we celebrate our 25th anniversary with a game against the Aussie Veterans Touring Side.
I'm married to the gorgeous Sylvia and have been for 22 years. With a big strapping 6'4" son (Stephen) at 16 and a lovely daughter (Rachel) of 10, my life is pretty much complete.
Except...
I've not yet played for Derbyshire, and I'd like to see us win another trophy.
Maybe this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!